Friday, January 25, 2013

My Dream Come True?

Wednesday evening our little family walked in the door of our home just after 8pm. I had been gone since 6:30am. Mr. Amen had worked a full day, handled daycare drop off and pick up, then git both kids out to Javi's swim class where I met them after driving back from Lansing. We were scrambling to get something in the table for dinner for Junior, a bottle heated up for Celia. A few minutes later Mr. Amen went to start the bath for baby girl only to find that we had no hot water. So I headed down to the basement to ascertain the problem and get the water heater going again. Exhausted, standing at the stove and dishwasher, Mr. Amen looked at me and said, "babe, just quit your job. We can't keep doing this every day of every week." My dream had finally come true. I was given permission to leave my crazy job. My response? "Let's not make a hasty decision just because we're so tired." What in the world? Did I really just turn down my dream scenario? Yes, yes I did. It's not the right time. It's not the right decision at the moment. Though I am totally tempted.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, it sounds like it might be the right thing, but not quite the right time. Hope soon you might get to look into it for real!

    ReplyDelete