Monday, August 14, 2017

A Life Remodeled

After a nearly 2 year silence, I think I'm ready to jump back in here.

I've remodeled my life in the past 2 years!

I have had major overhauls in the following areas:  diet, exercise, prayer life, intellectual pursuits, relationships, hair/makeup, wardrobe, activities, work, habits, schedule.


Diet
We went from a traditional meat & potatoes family to a flexitarian diet. We prefer vegetarian fare, but eat meat without complaint when its offered.
Parmesan Asparagus Orzo

Exercise
 I joined a gym. And I go there to exercise.
Exercise is necessary to work off the Million Dollar Mac & Cheese

Prayer Life
I read A Mother's Rule of Life and took her advice to just schedule it in my day. My entire day is soaked in prayer now and I love it!

Intellectual Pursuits
I've made some time in my days to do some reading & learning about topics that interest me. I'd love to have some time to take a class...but that'll have to wait for now.
Relationships
My DH and I joined Teams of Our Lady. Our Team has 6 couples that meet once a month to share a meal and pray together. It's an awesome time to spend with other Catholic couples who want to strengthen their marriages & Faith. I've worked on setting boundaries in other relationships in my life as well. Difficult, but necessary.

Hair/Makeup
Please don't think I'm being shallow with this one. I promise I'm not; I had just neglected myself for so long, this was actually huge for me. I cut my elbow length hair into a stacked bob with an undercut. Plus, purple peek-a-boo highlights. And I started using makeup regularly after a makeover at Seph.ora. So much confidence!
Broccoli Cheddar Soup in a homemade Bread Bowl

Wardrobe
This maybe doesn't count as a "remodel" but it should count as something. I finally admitted that I have (weird) preferences about my clothes and I have just decided to be upfront about those preferences and go with it. I only wear black shirts, so sue me.
Roasted Zucchini & Quinoa Burger with Garlic Whipped Feta Sauce

Activities
Oy vey! The activities:  travel soccer, recreational soccer, ballet, hip hop, gymnastics, swim, preschool, work meetings, NFP classes, parish volunteer time, catechism. Sweet, bouncing baby Moses, so many activities. Mostly kids stuff, but some of my own.
Vegetarian "Meat"loaf

Work
I got a part-time job. It's been fun, challenging, and crazy.

Habits
I have developed some good ones (routines) and ditched some bad ones (Coc.a-Co.la and daily ice cream).
But I'll never give up this Italian Spinach Orzo Soup

Schedule
I'm not a morning person. I never have been, I'm probably never going to be. I have embraced it and made a schedule for myself that works and takes my night-owl personality into consideration. Goodbye wasted time, and time wasted wishing I could make someone else's schedule fit in my body.

So I'm living a remodeled life and loving it.

1 comment: