Sunday, March 17, 2024

2024 Menu Plan for March (week 3)

On the menu this week:

Sunday: Spaghetti with homemade meat sauce, breadsticks & salad

Monday:  Crockpot Beef and Broccoli with rice from Life in the Lofthouse

Tuesday:  Creamy Garlic Chicken from Budget Bytes with Crockpot Mashed Potatoes from Dinner at the Zoo and salad

Wednesday:  Wonton Soup from I am Homesteader & Spring Rolls. To save time, I'll use frozen pork wontons & spring rolls from the grocery store, and I'll also add a little powdered ginger to the broth (not a lot, maybe 1/4-1/2 tsp, it just gives it a little extra flavor).

Thursday:  Leftovers!

Friday:  Crunchy Roasted Chickpea Pitas from How Sweet Eats. I plan to serve it with store-bought pitas, hummus, and Lebanese garlic sauce. We live in metro Detroit, so our grocery store has a variety of stellar Middle Eastern foods available in the deli making it easy to throw together a dish like this. If I had more time on my hands this week, I would make my own pitas. Natasha's Kitchen's pita recipe has worked very well for me.

Saturday: No-Peek Monterey Chicken & Rice from Plain Chicken

XO

-Mrs. Amen

Update: This week, like so any others, completely fell apart. Started out well enough. Spaghetti was delicious. Crockpot beef was OK, but I used shaved beef and I think it was too thin to stand up to the crockpot and it basically disintegrated. Oh well, it was still tasty. Creamy garlic chicken didn't happen; the day got away from me and I had to pivot to something else, though I don't remember what. Wonton soup was great, as always, even if I was a little heavy-handed with the sesame oil. The crunchy chick pea dinner was exchanged for cheese pizza at my husband's favorite local place. And on Saturday...I honestly have no recollection whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment