Wednesday, August 5, 2015

#5Faves: Favorite Food Blogs

This week I thought I'd pass along some of the great food blogs I read and follow. I started really getting into food blogs a few years ago and I have a list a mile long of some good ones I check daily. Seriously, daily. Ask my husband.

So in honor of one of my favorite past times and biggest obsessions, here are my #5Faves: Favorite Food Blogs.

#1
This was the first food blog that I started following and trying recipes from consistently. She has some really great ideas for food combinations that are just a lot of fun. Plus, on Saturdays she posts a round-up of a whole bunch of food blog finds she has recently made. One of my very favorite things I ever made from this blog is this amazing Cheesy Corn Chowder Soup.

#2
This is a great food blog for a busy mom. She has great ideas that are fast, easy, use few ingredients, and can be modified in about a million ways to please your family's palette. She also has 100 Bundt Cake recipes and is almost through her 100 Bar recipes. I use many of her recipes each month, but her Slightly Sweet Sloppy Joes are a favorite!

#3
This one is just so much fun. She makes everything from simple mozzarella sticks to more complicated fare. And it's all so tasty. I'm making these fancy waffles for Christmas morning this year to go along with our more traditional holiday breakfast feast. I can't wait.

#4
As the title suggests, this is food from a dad. His wife is a big time food blogger and he decided to jump into the fray with his own blog not too long ago and I have to say...his stuff is good! He likes to waffle stuff. And make popsicles. And make pizzas. I've made lots of his recipes and I've loved them all.

#5

This one is, at least in my mind, a fantasy food blog. Her beautiful recipes have some complex flavor combinations that I just don't think I could get my family to eat. But look at the stuff she makes. Just look at this. And this. I really think if I died and went to heaven and I would be standing in her kitchen. These Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Brownies are crazy good and I have made them too many times since she first published this recipe.


Thanks to our hostess, Jenna, for letting us all play along with her #5Faves each week. Head over to her blog to see what everyone else is crushing hard on these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment