Thursday, July 9, 2015

One of Satan's Greatest Lies

"One of Satan’s greatest lies is that our suffering is so unique that there is no one who can understand or help us through our own struggles.  Being humble enough to recognize that we can learn something useful from people who are going through similar things as us, but somehow bearing up better than we are can be a real source of hope, strength, growth."

- Dr. Gregory Popcak, Dr. Strangelove (OR) How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Natural Family Planning

Oh, how this stings. I am special. I am unique. And I am infinitely loved by my Creator. My struggles are my own. My suffering is my own.

And while my experience of my struggles and suffering are unique - the struggles and suffering themselves are not. Others are experiencing similar things now and some are faring better than me. Some worse. Many have experienced similar things and have overcome their situations. Many haven't.

If I wish to fight the good fight and finish my race (1 Timothy 4:7), I will need the help of those around me. Yes, even I can learn from those who have been victorious, from those cheering me on in the stands, from those who have received their eternal reward for a race well run. (Hebrews 12:1, Acts 20:24) I can choose which example I want to follow. I can choose blessing or the curse; life or death. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

And I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength! (Philippians 4:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment