Monday, July 22, 2013

Post 2 of 7

Post 2 of 7 for the seven posts in seven day challenge.

NFP week has caught me unprepared this year. It's not that I didn't know it was coming. I did. I just didn't prepare anything. I've honestly just been in survival mode for so long, I didn't have time to throw together at coherent thoughts on the subject.

I am a little wore out at the moment. We have an NFP class series starting to in September. Usually I am really excited about it, but tis year I know it will be different. First, Mr. Amen probably won't be here to teach with me. That just makes me sad because it is something we do together. Next, I will have to miss my son's first football game (among others) to teach the class. Honestly it was easier to leave my 5 week old baby last year to teach the first class in the series than it is to miss my son's football game. My parents and brother and sister-in-law will be there (my niece and nephew are on the same team), but it just won't be the same as having mom there for his first game. And dad will miss pretty much all the games but maybe one.

So, NFP. Yea.

One thing about staying at home though...it should allow me more time to focus on my writing and teaching. That'll be great. I have a class series I've been wanting to develop for my parish on the dignity of the human person, so that has a fighting chance of getting some of my attention over the next few months.

So, there you have it. Post #2. Not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment