Sunday, July 21, 2013

Seven posts in seven days

I decided that I would try to keep up with Jen over at Conversion Diary and see if I can bang out seven posts in seven days for this poor neglected blog of mine. So here's number 1. Updates, updates. I can't believe my baby girl is almost 1 year old already. She is standing on her own for chunks of time and attempts a step here and there. I really wouldn't be surprised if she is walking before her first birthday or even if she is walking before her daddy gets home on Friday. Speaking of daddy, he's been in Shanghai this month. He left a day early from our vacation the first week of the month and has been in China since the. It's been a real challenge for us for a few reasons. First of all, it is a 12 hour time difference. So when he gets back to his hotel at night, we are leaving the house for the day. And when we get home in the evening, he getting ready to leave for the day. We get to FaceTime for a few minutes or instant message one another, but it makes it difficult to discuss any of the things we need to discuss. Junior misses his daddy something terrible. He is counting down the days until he gets back. This month's count is "daddy comes home the day after my priests scoop the ice cream." Our church is holding a fund raiser for a home for disabled orphans in Kenya and our priests will be scooping out the summertime goodness. Junior is really excited for it because he will get to actually have some ice cream. No, I am not e toe of mother that denies her child ice cream, but this particular place uses tree nuts, which he is allergic to. So soft serve is his only option and I will have the epi-pen on standby. I am trusting God that we won't need it. Lastly an update on me. I quit my job last Monday. Well, at least I gave a three week notice that I am leaving. I will be staying home with the kids and homeschooling Junior is fall. Technically, he is not old enough to enroll in kindergarten in the local schools, but his daycare teachers feel he is ready and so do I, so I will just do it myself. Being a SAH mom is my dram come true. But I wold be lying if I said I wasn't having second thoughts about it all. I am used to having a lot of pressure on means hard deadlines and multiple projects going at once. This seems like it will be a real slow down for me and I worry if I can handle the reality of it all. No breaks. Kids on my own 24-7 since Mr. Amen will still be traveling (he has an 8 weeks trip planned for this fall...not excited about that one.) Anyhow, I better save something for the next six days or his little experiment will be a disaster.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited that you're taking on the challenge! Both of the (much smaller) blogging one, and the SAHM one. I don't think there's one right way in terms of working or staying at home, but since it's been on your heart, I'm glad you get a chance to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete